Zar-Min is a processed, natural sodium aluminosilicate hydrate (zeolite) additive approved for use in animal feeds by the FDA. The unique honeycomb-like crystal structure and high ion exchange capacity of Zar-Min make it selective to mycotoxins without altering the bioavailability of vital nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract.
Features and benefits of Zar-Min include:
- Effective in mycotoxin management programs
- High surface area for absorption
- Excellent ionic buffering characteristics
- Does not bind minerals and vitamins
- Reduces free ammonia in the rumen
- Superior anti-caking agent
- Improves feedstuff flowability and pellet binding
Zar-Min has the highest permanent cation exchange capacity (CEC) of all mycotoxin binders, enabling it to maintain a dynamic equilibrium with mycotoxin molecules and ammonia. In addition, research has shown that certain levels of natural zeolites improve growth in heifer calves largely due to increased feed intake, making Zar-Min a valuable multi-purpose nutrition tool.