10 Numbers to Improve Your Dairy’s Financial PerformanceMay 7, 2017Papillon Ag
Tracking financial performance is critical for any dairy looking to maximize efficiency and ensure long-run viability. Progressive Dairyman’s recent article “Tremendous opportunities await dairies that increase efficiencies” identified 10 key numbers producers can use to gage their dairy’s economic performance:
- Money Corrected Milk™ per cow and total production ($/cow/day)
- Static IOFC per cow and total production ($/cow/day).
- Percent of capacity over 12-month period.
- Margin per hundredweight
- Replacement costs per hundredweight.
- Actual IOFC per hundredweight ($/cow/day).
- Labor cost per hundredweight.
- Non-“Big Three” (and hauling) costs per hundredweight.
- Milk per stall per hour.
- Residual Dry Matter Intake.
To read the article in full, click on the link below.
Erickson, M.G. (2017) Tremendous opportunities await dairies that increase efficiencies. Progressive Dairyman, Issue 8. Retrieved from: